Funkfernbedienung

MagnusB

Neuer Benutzer
Hello!
My name is Magnus, and I'm from Sweden. I hope u people in here understand english, since my german is really bad. I would be very happy if someone wanted to help me with one problem I have with my A4 from 1996. The "funkfernbedienung" is not working. I have that kind which use IR technology. A little "IR lamp" on the key, and one remote receiver on each side of the car. I have new batteries in the keys, but nothing happens when I try to lock or unlock the car.
I was thinking that maybe I have to re-program (re-code) the keys... I did put one key in the ignition, went out from the car and locked it with the other key (the mechanic way) than pressed the buttom of the key, and after a while I tried to unlock it by pressing the buttom again but... without result. This way was working very good on my A6 before though...
Anyway, do u think it may be that way that the memory is full, and it can't accept any more keys? Is there some way to clear the memory if that's the case?
Or do I simply do everything wrong? I would be more than grateful for all help I can get here!

Love / Magnus from Sweden

Hi Magnus!

I think my english is not realy better than yours..
biggrin.gif

I had this problem with a audi 80 Coupe..but I think that are the same System.

When you look up the car...can you see that the direction ligths goes on..or the Horn for the DWA..( that thing what saves for thiefs) make a noise?

It could be that the switches in the Keyhole are not in funktion. Than becoms the system not the signal that you look up the car. Than you must build in a new switch.

For test make the learning program on the right side (non driver side) of the car. when it goes...than is the system ok.

It is also possible that the controler of the system...the Pump for the looking system is damage.

If it not goes on this way than please write again...

cu Tommes

Thank u a lot for your answer!!

Just want to tell that if someone else wanna write something in this topic, u can write in german as well, because I can understand it.

Anyway, I don't think something mechanic is wrong in the door/keyhole, because the alarm is working just fine. I get the sound from the horn when I lock the car, the alarm is working, and I can turn it off by using the key. If I lock the car from the passenger door, everything works perfekt too.
I tried to program the keys from the other door too, but without any successful result.
Now I'm kind of stuck in this, and I can't figure out what to try more.

Ps. Your english is just great!